RE: Come and try the new webplatform.org server setup

I’ve tried creating a blog post, and it shunts me to the live version when I log in. I inadvertently created a draft here: http://blog.webplatform.org/?p=801&preview=1&_ppp=f22daab996 and obviously everything is fine. :-P

Do you know how I can log into the new instance?

Eliot

From: Renoir Boulanger [mailto:renoir@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 2:57 PM
To: List WebPlatform public
Subject: Come and try the new webplatform.org server setup

Hi, All

Last week, we told you about the new server setup. We've finished the configuration, and we need another round of testing before we go live. We plan to make the final switch to DreamHost on this Wednesday, 18 December, so we have one final day to do this final test on the various systems.

The new resources are currently indicated by a "2" in their subdomain names, e.g. "docs2.webplatform.org<http://docs2.webplatform.org>”.  For just reading content, you don't need any other special instructions; for items marked "advanced", you'll need to change your local 'hosts' file to ensure that you are using the new server (see instructions below).

== Wiki ==
http://docs2.webplatform.org/wiki/

(Remember that the content is from a DB snapshot from 3 weeks ago, so it won't be up to date.)

Tasks:
* read
* search
* log in
* edit
* create a new page (if you have permission)
* test API (advanced)
* test scripts (advanced)

== Blog ==
http://blog2.webplatform.org/

These are "advanced" tasks:
* read
* edit post (if you have permission)
* create a new post (if you have permission)

== Issue Tracker ==
http://project2.webplatform.org/

These are "advanced" tasks:
* read issues
* search
* create an issue

== Code Editor ==
http://code2.webplatform.org/

* read code
* create a new code sample

== Changing your 'hosts' file ==
For advanced tasks, you'll need to make sure that you always use the new server, rather than the current production server. To do this, change your own computer’s 'hosts' file [0][1] to these settings:

[[
208.113.157.162 www.webplatform.org<http://www.webplatform.org> webplatform.org<http://webplatform.org> docs.webplatform.org<http://docs.webplatform.org>
208.113.157.162 preview.webplatform.org<http://preview.webplatform.org> result.webplatform.org<http://result.webplatform.org> code.webplatform.org<http://code.webplatform.org> talk.webplatform.org<http://talk.webplatform.org>
208.113.157.163 blog.webplatform.org<http://blog.webplatform.org>
208.113.157.164 project.webplatform.org<http://project.webplatform.org>
208.113.157.169 tracking.webplatform.org<http://tracking.webplatform.org>
]]

== Links ==

  [0]: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-edit-the-mac-os-x-hosts-file-and-why-you-might-want-to/

  [1]: http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-hosts-file/

Regards,

Renoir Boulanger  |  Developer operations engineer
W3C  |  Web Platform Project<http://www.webplatform.org/>
http://w3.org/people/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com/<https://renoirboulanger.com/#is>  ✪  @renoirb<https://github.com/renoirb>
~