Re: Automatic stubs for JavaScript APIs

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 17:50:20 +0100
To: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Cc: List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>, Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>
Hi Renoir,

On mar., 2013-12-03 at 11:27 -0500, Renoir Boulanger wrote:
> On that aspect, Dom, I heard from Mike during TPAC that he’d also like
> us to maintain/expose current HTML language reference [0].
> [0]: http://sideshowbarker.github.io/htmlr/
>
> I think that this documentation is quite relevant for our content and
> audience.

+1

> @Dom, do you think we could use your utility for it?

I'm not sure to understand your question; which of my utility are you
thinking of, and to maintain what?

My original message was about a tool to extract stubs for JavaScript
APIs from W3C specifications; I don't think it can easily be used to
maintain the list of HTML elements and attributes (if that's what the
"it" refers to).

If you're instead thinking of the W3C cheatsheet (which I also alluded
to in my message), the part of the tool that manages HTML elements and
attributes information is itself based on the data in Mike's document,
so could obviously not be re-used to maintain it :)

(meanwhile, I'm still unclear whether the idea of generating stubs for
JavaScript API is something useful for WPD, and if it is, how to move
forward with it…)

Dom