Re: Poorly implemented redirects may be causing the 503s

Hi, Ryan–

On 8/18/13 3:59 AM, Ryan Lane wrote:
> Whoever set up the redirects for docs.webplatform.org/
> <http://docs.webplatform.org/><something> forgot something incredibly
> important. See: <http://docs.webplatform.org/robots.txt>. It redirects
> to /wiki/robots.txt, which is definitely not correct. That robots.txt
> disallows /w, which includes all the special pages. This is very likely
> one of the causes the 503s as a lot of the special pages create database
> connections and some are long lasting.
>
> In fact, most of the resources in the shared doc root are broken. This
> redirect configuration is really evil. I thought we were going to do
> very specific redirects, like js, css, etc.? Why is this done in such a
> blanket way?

I don't know who set those up... possibly Denis?

If you think it needs to be changed, can you describe what needs to be
done, and file a bug? Or perhaps do it yourself, if you have time.

Thanks for looking into it more deeply.

Regards-
-Doug