Re: CSS Content Property Page

One trick I'd pass along is an alternative to inserting graphic content
directly, which displays in-line by default. If you set the dimensions of
the ::before/::after area and activate it with some non-displaying text,
you can implement a background image instead, which offers more control. In
this case, display:block overrides the default in-line, and makes the image
stack:

div::before {
    height: 4em;
    width: 12em;