Re: Doc Sprint Amsterdam

On 15 Apr 2013, at 17:02, Paul Verbeek <paul@webinthehat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As some of you probably allready know, I'm currently setting up a Doc Sprint in Amsterdam.
> The sprint is planned the day after the Fronteers conference, on October the 12th.

Very cool! Being based in Manchester, UK, it wouldn't take me a lot of effort to get over there and join in.

> The Fronteers ticket sales are being planned to go online next thursday. In the confirmation e-mail, they want to include a link to an event page on the Fronteers website about the WPDS.
>
> Are there any good texts that explains the WPDS so I can put that on the Fronteers site. And perhaps it should be on the WebPlatorm.org blog before it is announced anywhere else.

I am sure we wrote something up about running doc sprints. But I can't find anything perfect. I can help write something…the plan we used for running the Berlin doc sprint is here:

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/community/berlin_feb_2013

> I want to set up an EventBrite page for the tickets, but we don't have a confirmed location yet. Does anybody knows if that's problem?

No - the location for the Berlin doc sprint wasn't confirmed that long before the event. As long as you keep people up to date, i think it's ok.