Re: Search-optimising "wpd"

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com>wrote:

> (Yep, I'm starting a thread about SEO, I've just been sick in my mouth)
>
> MDN is such a great resource that I've found myself searching "mdn <a
> topic>" in Google as a first port of call, or to quickly reach an MDN
> page I'm already familiar with. Wikipedia gets similar treatment with
> "wiki <whatever>".
>
> Web Platform Docs needs something like that, WPD is already used in
> pages, but not enough (as far as I can tell) to make it work in
> searches.
>
> Basically, I want "wpd gradents" to return me the Web Platform Docs
> about CSS & SVG gradients.

> Cheers,
> Jake.

I think that is a really good idea. I use "mdn [query]" every day and if
I'm going to replace MDN with this, it needs an easy way to find content. I
also have a pipe dream of WPD being the one to beat w3schools, but for this
to happen the SEO needs to be top notch, in addition to semantic HTML5,
microdata, schema, etc, and of course great content.

--
Sindre Sorhus
sindresorhus.com