Re: Web design and UX concept pages

I am personally in favour of having the main topic here as "web design", and treating UX as a subset of that, explaining what it is in the context of web design. I have never really understood why UX is a different discipline - it kind of encompasses graphic design, branding, prototyping, user science, etc. So I know it is more than graphic design. But then again, so is web design anyway. UX has always felt a bit "emperor's new clothes" to me, sorry to say!

So please, I'm calling on any UX guys on this list to put me straight on this matter, and help with speccing out the UX and web design material for WPD.

Chris Mills
Open standards evangelist and dev.opera.com editor, Opera Software
Co-chair, web education community group, W3C
Author of "Practical CSS3: Develop and Design" (http://my.opera.com/chrismills/blog/2012/07/12/practical-css3-my-book-is-finally-published)

* Try Opera: http://www.opera.com
* Learn about the latest open standards technologies and techniques: http://dev.opera.com
* Contribute to web education: http://www.w3.org/community/webed/