CSSOM vs DOM APIs

From: Mike Sierra <sierra.pmc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:26:09 -0500
To: public-webplatform@w3.org
To the extent I've been able to follow the debate over content
structure, I understand one of the major issues is whether to
categorize APIs according to their formal taxonomy, or consolidate
them for easier access. I'd like to point out some stubs I'm adding
where this issue relates:

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/cssom/NamedFlow
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/cssom/Region

I placed these APIs under the existing CSSOM category based on the
Regions spec, but I believe most web developers would think of them as
garden-variety DOM APIs. For now I'll leave them where they are, but
would like to add it to the growing pile of issues relating to content
structure.

Thanks,

--Mike Sierra