W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webplatform@w3.org > November 2012

Re: Public TelCon Tomorrow, November 13th at standard time

From: Alex Komoroske <komoroske@google.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:49:46 -0800
Message-ID: <CAPwaZpU2uHxwKcbxrBy-ZE4wC75N5t4QmybOkLO7GRFv_v9mjA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Jonathan Garbee <jonathan@garbee.me>
Cc: public-webplatform@w3.org
Notes:

New action items:

ACTION: jkomoros to implement the above stuff about attributes
ACTION: Shepazu to write up wiki page on proposal for caniuse, quirks mode,
etc, and send to list
ACTION: Paul to do further investigation into feasibility of markdown tool
ACTION: shepazu to write up a guide on how to do translations by hand and
send e-mails to the list
ACTION: shepazu to lock it down so that only admins can move pages
ACTION: Peter to follow up with evangelization of WPD docsprint at Google
ACTION: shepazu to approach Event Apart/John Alsup folks about doing a WPD
docsprint
ACTION: Doug to make progress towards hosting skin on GitHub
ACTION: Shepazu to post a proposal to the list about the different options
for title
ACTION: Peter to fill in Sprint in a Box for docsprints.
ACTION: jkomoros to formally being Template Corps
ACTION: Garbee to set up a test version of Bug Genie
ACTION: Garbee to try to loop in BugGenie contributors for a discussion
ACTION: Everyone to provide feedback on Garbee's issue tracking proposal.

Raw notes:


jkomoros: scribe: komoroske
[09:05am] jkomoros: topic: Review old action items
[09:05am] jkomoros: Old Action: jkomoros to implement the above stuff about
attributes
[09:05am] jkomoros: ACTION: jkomoros to implement the above stuff about
attributes
[09:05am] jkomoros: Old Action: Paul to talk to Alexis about CanIUse data
license and use on WPD.
[09:05am] jkomoros: shepazu: I actually talked to Alexis.
[09:06am] jkomoros:  also talked to PPK (quirks mode). Both were eager to
figure out how we're going to use their data.
[09:06am] jkomoros:  got into in-depth discussions about what that would
mean in practice. The conclusion is that shepazu is going to write up...
[09:06am] jswisher joined the chat room.
[09:06am] jkomoros:  also talked to Scott (?) from jQuery UI
[09:07am] jkomoros:  I'm in the midst of writing up a wiki page on how to
bring in this data
[09:07am] jkomoros: ACTION: Shepazu to write up wiki page on proposal for
caniuse, quirks mode, etc, and send to list
[09:07am] jkomoros: Old Action: Paul to do further investigation into
feasibility of markdown tool
[09:07am] jkomoros: ACTION: Paul to do further investigation into
feasibility of markdown tool
[09:07am] christopherscott joined the chat room.
[09:07am] jkomoros: Old Action: Peter to write up formal debrief of Adobe
doc sprint
[09:07am] jkomoros: peterlubbers: Done. Sent to list. Would like to post to
blog as well.
[09:08am] julee__ joined the chat room.
[09:08am] jkomoros: shepazu: You sent me an e-mail and I haven't responded;
I will soon.
[09:08am] jkomoros: Old Action: shepazu to write up a guide on how to do
translations by hand and send e-mails to the list
[09:08am] jkomoros: ACTION: shepazu to write up a guide on how to do
translations by hand and send e-mails to the list
[09:09am] jkomoros: Old Action: scottrowe to write up a proposal for
flow-chart/organization of architecture
[09:09am] jkomoros: scottrowe: Did that, it's circulating around, a long
discussion.
[09:09am] jkomoros:  there's a meeting tomorrow.
[09:09am] desbenoit joined the chat room.
[09:09am] jkomoros: Old Action: shepazu to lock it down so that only admins
can move pages
[09:09am] jkomoros: ACTION: shepazu to lock it down so that only admins can
move pages
[09:10am] jkomoros: Old Action: Julee to set up content architecture
meetings for the next few weeks
[09:10am] jkomoros: julee_: Done. Will mail out details.
[09:10am] jkomoros: Old Action: Scott to add the upcoming WPD Google
hackathon
[09:10am] Garbee: shepazu, This should be the page for that action to be
done in.  http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Special:UserRights  Normal
admins don't seem to have rights to it.
[09:10am] jkomoros: scottrowe: Done! And sent e-mail out to list.
[09:10am] jkomoros:  also put together a G+ event, and trying other ways
to get the word out
[09:11am] Garbee: Google Plus as well.
[09:11am] jkomoros:  please, anyone else feel free to post too
[09:11am] julee_ left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[09:11am] jkomoros: shepazu: We should do official tweets, etc
[09:11am] jkomoros: ACTION: Peter to follow up with evangelization of WPD
docsprint at Google
[09:12am] jkomoros: Old Action: shepazu to approach Event Apart/John Alsup
folks about doing a WPD docsprint
[09:12am] jkomoros: ACTION: shepazu to approach Event Apart/John Alsup
folks about doing a WPD docsprint
[09:12am] jkomoros: peterlubbers: Wait, isn't that this week?
[09:12am] jkomoros: Eliot: They've got another one in Seattle coming up.
[09:12am] jkomoros: shepazu: There's another one coming up in Feb.
[09:12am] jkomoros: Old Action: Alex to send out a doodle poll about a
template-guru seminar
[09:12am] jkomoros: jkomoros: DONE. Seminar held.
[09:12am] jkomoros: Old Action: Garbee to flesh out the todo proposal,
including wireframes, open questions, etc.
[09:13am] jkomoros: Garbee: Done. Discussion later in this call.
[09:13am] jkomoros: Old Action: Doug to make progress towards hosting skin
on GitHub
[09:13am] jkomoros: ACTION: Doug to make progress towards hosting skin on
GitHub
[09:13am] jkomoros: shepazu: There were some additional requests, but I'll
look into it
[09:13am] jkomoros: Old Action: Shepazu to post a proposal to the list
about the different options for title
[09:14am] jkomoros: ACTION: Shepazu to post a proposal to the list about
the different options for title
[09:14am] jkomoros: topic: Doc Sprint
[09:15am] jkomoros: scottrowe: We've got a big room at Google reserver.
[09:15am] jkomoros:  will have food and shwag.
[09:15am] jkomoros:  I don't know if we'll have a full bar like Adobe had
[09:15am] jkomoros:  but will try to have beer
[09:15am] jkomoros:  will try to follow methodology we did for other doc
sprints.
[09:15am] jkomoros:  I haven't looked at registrations yet.
[09:16am] jkomoros:  December 12th. Last day of known universe.
[09:16am] Garbee: 21st not 12th.
[09:16am] Garbee: Rapture dude.  hahah
[09:17am] mdel: Its a sprint in a box!
[09:17am] jkomoros: jkomoros: I love the idea of doc sprint in a box
[09:17am] jkomoros: peterlubbers: I was talking to Jay from Adobe. He
wanted to do one in Germany. Came up with idea of "docsprint in a box"
[09:17am] Garbee: WPD:Sprint_In_A_Box
[09:17am] Garbee: That could be a good URL space for it.
[09:18am] jkomoros: ACTION: Peter to fill in Sprint in a Box for docsprints.
[09:18am] jkomoros: desbenoit: It would be great to hold one in France, too!
[09:19am] jkomoros: peterlubbers: Having consistent branding around this
would be helpful. LIke "Web Platform DocSprint - Paris".
[09:19am] jkomoros: shepazu: We should talk to Mozilla about their
experiences. And Adobe's test the web forward efforts.
[09:20am] jkomoros: topic: Template Corps
[09:20am] jkomoros: ACTION: jkomoros to formally being Template Corps
[09:21am] Garbee: I hope these Template Corps don't get involved in the
Green Lantern stuff.
[09:21am] jkomoros:
[09:21am] jkomoros: Topic: Garbee's proposal
[09:21am] dontcallmedom: s/being/begin/
[09:21am] jkomoros: Garbee: Last week I introduced information about how we
would centralize issue tracking
[09:21am] jkomoros:  when I sat down to develop ideas more, I realized
that comments actually do have value. Discussion about the content is
useful.
[09:22am] jkomoros:  I sent out an update to the proposal yesterday.
Basically keep comment discussion in place. A way to flag comments so
admins can check them out.
[09:22am] jkomoros:  then you just need an easy feedback form.
[09:22am] jkomoros:  integrate with the Genie API
[09:23am] David_Bradbury joined the chat room.
[09:23am] jkomoros: jkomoros: If you didn't see, Garbee pulled together a
mockup of that dialog in Bootstrap
[09:23am] shepazu:
http://static.jonathangarbee.com/webplatform/demo/feedback_form.html
[09:23am] shepazu:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform/2012Nov/0106.html
[09:23am] jkomoros: Garbee: I'm investigating how to hook them up. Feedback
for general stuff, and then specific forms for Flags.
[09:24am] jkomoros:  BugGenie's API only allows writing, not getting data
OUT.
[09:25am] jkomoros:  that's important so that on the page it's clear that
there's discussion around that page.
[09:26am] jkomoros: jkomoros: What would convince people this proposal is
workable?
[09:26am] shepazu: q+
[09:26am] jkomoros: Eliot: I think a basic report on why this is better
than other options would help a lot.
[09:26am] jkomoros: Garbee: I could go through some trackers and compare
features.
[09:27am] jkomoros:  I could also set up a real example site that would be
configured the way I think we'd use it.
[09:27am] jkomoros: jkomoros: Maybe also pulling in some of the
contributors to BugGenie
[09:28am] jkomoros: shepazu: We have an existing solution (although it's
not great). I'm pretty comfortable with us investigating--we don't have a
lot to lose
[09:28am] Garbee: As far as getting someone cc'ed into a conversation from
them I need to ping their admins.  I will get around to that this week and
see if they want to.
[09:28am] jkomoros:  playing around with a test deployment should help us
figure out if it's a useful workflow
[09:28am] jkomoros: ACTION: Garbee to set up a test version of Bug Genie
[09:29am] jkomoros: ACTION: Garbee to try to loop in BugGenie contributors
for a discussion
[09:29am]  dontcallmedom has to drop from the call... will read the minutes
[09:29am] jkomoros: Garbee: I'm not worried about wasted effort or energy
[09:29am] jkomoros:  I'm totally on board with taking it slowly.
[09:30am] jkomoros:  since we already have a system that works (just not
ideally).
[09:30am] dontcallmedom left the chat room.
[09:30am] jkomoros: shepazu: I like what Alex said about involving BugGenie
contributors.
[09:30am] jkomoros:  I think WPD is high profile enough that they might be
eager to have us use it.
[09:31am] jkomoros:  we have resources we can bring to bear (like Google
Summer of Code) to help out with the project.
[09:31am] Garbee: +1 to that.
[09:31am] jkomoros:  we want to improve the software we're using. A by
product of this project.
[09:32am] jkomoros: ACTION: Everyone to provide feedback on Garbee's issue
tracking proposal.
[09:32am] Garbee: Beginning of the new thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform/2012Nov/0106.html
[09:33am] jkomoros: jkomoros: I won't be here next week, I'll be on vacation
[09:33am] jkomoros: shepazu: If people send agenda stuff we can have it
next week, but if not we can just canel.
[09:33am] Garbee: I/A Meeting email info:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webplatform/2012Nov/0117.html
[09:34am] jkomoros: Topic: Content Taskforce call
[09:34am] jkomoros: julee__: Scott put out a proposal on the list. Everyone
should read it. Subject "Creating APIs"
[09:34am] jkomoros:  we'll mostly be talking about that.
[09:34am] jkomoros:  the call is at 17:00 UTC, 9:00am PDT, 12:00 PM.
[09:34am] jkomoros: scottrowe: We're taking up the issue with respect to
APIs. The idea is to figure it out in one area of the content.
[09:35am] jkomoros:  I expect that will expand into other areas of the
architecture.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Jonathan Garbee <jonathan@garbee.me> wrote:

>  We also need to discuss my massive email (yes another one) that went out
> a few minutes ago.  It is an update on the proposal for a centralized issue
> tracker.
>
>
> -Garbee
>
> On 11/12/2012 11:27 AM, Alex Komoroske wrote:
>
>  Hi all,
>
>  I wanted to give everyone a heads up that I'll be chairing the weekly
> telcon tomorrow (11/13) at 16:00 UTC / 12:00 ET / 9:00 PT. You can find
> tactical details about the meeting at
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Meetings
>
> Agenda:
> * Review of last week's action items
> * Triage of new bugs
> * Discussion topics
>   * Template Corps
>   * *Other topics folks would like to talk about*
>
>
> Please feel free to suggest more agenda topics that you'd like to
> discuss. Looks like we've got a short list of topics so far; we'll keep the
> meeting short in that case.
>
>  As a reminder, these meetings are open to anyone, although we especially
> value the participation of active community members.
>
>  --Alex
>
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 13 November 2012 17:50:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 8 May 2013 19:57:35 UTC