Creating API pages

From: Scott Rowe <scottrowe@google.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:03:47 -0800
To: "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
When I sat down to document the process for creating API pages, using the
WebRTC documentation as the poster child, I found more questions than
answers. I realized that we did not have a good story here, so I did my
best to fill in the holes with a methodology that attempts to solve the
problems I found.

You find this methodology described in
WPD:Creating_API_pages<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Creating_API_pages>
.

Note that it started out as a how-to for contributors, but quickly became a
proposal. So parts of it will read either way. Don't be alarmed. The
purpose of the document is to provide you with a methodology to try on as
you do what I did - test it out with your own API pages.

As you do, please don't update the methodology in that page - let's discuss
it first. We can use this thread for the discussion.

Thanks for your help!

+Scott