Re: That annoying duplicate <h1> issue

From: Michael Del Tito <mdeltito@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:08:08 -0500
To: Jonathan Garbee <jonathan@garbee.me>
Cc: public-webplatform@w3.org
It would probably make more sense to leave those headings accessible to
screen readers by using the visuallyhidden technique which is also found in

This may also be better for SEO since I believe Google dislikes hidden H1
elements. Not that this really matters that much in the long term, but it
is an easy drop in replacement for display: none for the time being until
the headings are removed.