Re: Proposal for updating links on webplatform.org

From: Julee Burdekin <jburdeki@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:31:09 -0800
To: Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
=A few observations=

* +1 on More not being useful in this schema.
* Several folks have commented to me that distinction between Q&A and Chat
categories is not intuitive.
* Unless we provide example-only or code-only pages, I'm not sure how that
would manifest.

=An alternate global nav=

Can we help users out with our current architecture of the site by handing
them those actual categories? We could do content types:

| Reference | Concepts & Tuts | Community | About | Blog | Join |

Where these pages point to the following subcategories:

Platform APIs (ptr to /apis/)
JavaScript Language & Libraries

==Concepts & Tuts==
(aka, Docs: landing page that points to: beginners, general_concepts,
html, css, accessibility, javascript, dom, svg)

Mail list

Latest news (ptr to Blog)
What it is
How it was formed