Mockups for the new main page and top level topic pages

From: Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 15:25:48 +0000
To: "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
I have spent a fair bit of time today creating some mockups for a new look for the main pages, and the top level topic pages. I thought I'd share these first two with you, before going ahead and making any more, so I can get feedback

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/TEST:main_page
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/TEST:html

In each case, the crazy floated boxes have placeholders for where icons will appear (the red/blue squares), and the descriptive text for each subpage. I will fill in those with real content as soon as it is available, and obviously this is fairly rough for now, but there is a limit to what you can do when messing around with inline styles ;-)

The idea would be to use the exact same structure seen on the HTML page, for all other subpages, to give the whole site a nice degree of consistency.

For now, can you let me know what you think?

Chris Mills
Open standards evangelist and dev.opera.com editor, Opera Software
Co-chair, web education community group, W3C
Author of "Practical CSS3: Develop and Design" (http://my.opera.com/chrismills/blog/2012/07/12/practical-css3-my-book-is-finally-published)

* Try Opera: http://www.opera.com
* Learn about the latest open standards technologies and techniques: http://dev.opera.com
* Contribute to web education: http://www.w3.org/community/webed/