Re: WebPlatform Browser Support Info

Hi! I'm not dutch, but the Queen (consorte) Máxima of the Netherlands was
born in Argentina, my home country ;)

About browser identification, on mobile it's usually a mess. Some examples:

1) Chrome on iOS (in terms of compatibility) is the iOS Web View, that is
99.9% the same as Safari - it doesn't deserve a mention by itself but it's
clearly not the same as Chrome on Android
2) Android default browser is not even the same on different devices with
the same Android OS -such as the browser in Samsung devices, or some Sony
devices with WebGL support-
3) Naming is complicated as it was stated before in this thread. For
example, "BlackBerry Browser" is basically a different browser in 6.x, 7.x,
BB10 and the PlayBook tablet. The same problem applies to "Nokia Browser"

I think WURFL already has a clever way to identify a combination of
browser/device based on the user agent and it uses a hierarchy mechanism to
provide default values for properties while some specific devices can
override them. WURFL also has an identifier per browser/platform. Look at
it may be a good idea.

Max