Re: instant web payments via the lightning network

I also came across this post here :

Microsoft May Build Identity System with Bitcoin Lightning Network

Although the article mentions DIDs and the work on lightning network seems
to be speculation.

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/05/14/microsoft-may-build-identity-system-with-bitcoin-lightning-network/

FWIW : My own work with solidpay ( shameless plug!? :) ) aims to integrate
distributed solid identifiers, DIDs and lightning networks together to
create a in browser micro payments solution.