Re: Web Payments and voucher URIs

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 19:52, Andrew Bransford Brown <andrewbb@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Could you use a GUID?

Yes I could.  And typically you would.

In fact there already exists

urn:uuid:

Which would be one choice.  However, it's a bit broad.

> Send the GUID to the user (email?).  The user can check the balance.  The
> user can spend it.

Exactly.  Send to email.  Send over SMS.  Send over chat.  Or even print
out a QR code or scratch card.  Many ways.

> I suppose the GUID could be stolen, but the user would complain.

Same applies to the game vouchers you see in super markets.  These are
designed as one use vouchers.  I'll note here that cash can also be
stolen.  That's essentially what we're making here.  Digital cash.