Re: List of currency URIs or strings?

it seems to me that the necessary elements for clearly declaring what
currency a transaction is in, outside of the general presumption of healthy
and vibrant infrastucture that we rely on when just talking about
well-known currencies by their ISO codes -- you know, "what is the exchange
rate between AUD and NZD" is perfectly clear and implies a lot of
transparent fungibility -- include (1) what ultimate ledger are the book
entries going into, in this case "the bitcoin testnet" (2) what does that
ledger call this fungible, if anything -- when there's a single-currency
ledger, that's implied, so saying "BTC" might be redundant but can't hurt,
and insisting on this element will cause poorly-formed messages to error
instead of doing the wrong thing and (3) how to shift the decimal point, in
this case we want to work in millis.

" a currency mBTC (1000th of a bitcoin), but applied against the bitcoin
testnet" fully describes what you want to work with; what I'm saying is it
is possible to abstract out the three parts of that. It's also possible
that the third part doesn't belong and will cause confusion, and should be
take care of by the client software, with all general currency description
strings being simply the first two parts, (1) ultimate ledger and (2) what
is this fungible called there. Since by definition 1000 mBTC = 1 BTC, and
no intermediaries are required, that one wants to work in millis seems like
its more a detail of how amounts are stated rather than something about the
fungible that one would be declaring an amount of.

I hope this is helpful

--
“no man should be compelled to do what the laws do not require; nor to
refrain from acts which the laws permit.” Calder v. Bull (U.S. 1798)