Re: Verifiable Claims Charter Proposal prepped for W3M

Thankyou for your mail.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 at 18:48 Marta Piekarska <marta@blockstream.io> wrote:

> In my doctoral work I have been focusing on something that I call Used
> Informed approach. Maybe thats the wording you are looking for.
>
> the concept of 'user-informed' leaves the options open to the context of a
tweet i made today at the auIGF:
https://twitter.com/SailingDigital/status/785625495127805953

Whilst i believe the concept of 'data rights' is not technically very
challenging to deliver; particularly in a meaningful way as is offered by
ontological/linked-data methods; the concept therein of 'informed' as may
relate to say, the open-badge spec.   is amongst the opportunities
available for credentials in my opinion.

> Basically, what I did was shifted the focus of development of privacy and
> security tools so that you let the users (and in that case you don’t have
> to define user as human, users are also other machines that *use* your
> solutions) define what is the missing link between how X works and how it
> actually works. Then you find a way to bridge the gap. In a way instead of
> “developing solutions with users in mind” (user-centric approach), you can
> say that User Informed approach is “developing solutions with users in the
> room”.

An alternative viewpoint is that some form of online 'trust'/'trustee' or
'custodianship agreement' pertains; in which it is defined that the server
software shall not be used to breach this form of covenant; nor shall the
services or software provider willing seek to do so.

Data doesn't work well with the concept of 'property rights' nor 'copyright
clause'.  These are global efforts and whilst i find it interesting that
its often led by US companies who are denied the opportunity to review
patents lodged within their system of law; we're left with bit of a mess
for humanity, that's not working for vulnerable people.

> Have a good day
> '

"Human Centric" attempts to denote the concept that the people, are more
important than the governors of assembly.  If we don't like them, we can
vote them out.

This is not the case online.  If we don't like facebook - you can't take
your addressbook with you.  If you use a dating app that shows who you've
been close to, or indeed the same functionality for facebook, google or
apple software; that doesn't help domestic violence victims prove their
concerns...

A cashless society isn't great for homeless people or buskers.

These are the sorts of things that are both 'web science' in nature, but by
application - the form and nature of a 'human centric web' in which, we do
not have.