Re: Update on Web Payments Working Group

>From memory, w3c was established to form universal standards for the web by
engaging the browser companies to accept common standards. The web has
since evolved and the stakeholders are no longer simply the browser
companies, who themselves have evolved over the same breadth of time.

How does the w3c protect from the browser companies and how is it even
possible to instruct the browser companies not to consider themselves the
golden geese? Their essentially the privateer gatekeepers to communications
and human knowledge which is an enormous shift from the days of
establishing the w3c. Yet I'm still being respectfully superficial in my
outline of concern.

Another I'd refer to is one posted by timbl.
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2016Mar/0001.html

The amount of money involved in solving a problem of this scope is not so
much. The issue is perhaps the perceived transparency surrounding the
global socio-political economic scope of implications and indeed their
influences on life on earth. Neither companies nor machines nor programming
are counterparts to the true considerations and I sincerely view the views
of these agents on behalf of their stakeholders extremely short-sighted,
yet, perhaps it's simply all a bit 'fiat'...

:(

Onwards and upwards.

Timh.