Re: Inventor of the Web Creates Identity on Bitcoin Blockchain Sir Timothy Berners-Lee, an english computer scientist and the inventor of the World Wide Web has created his first Bitcoin blockchain ID on June 9

On 10 June 2016 at 11:32, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com> wrote:

> I would be wary of any solution that forces everyone to use a monoculture
> of technology or a single datasource (even if it is distributed or
> decentralized).
>
> What this group is doing is defining a standard and the goal of this
> standard should be to allow users to pick any place to store their
> identity. Blockstack is an implementation. The goal should be many
> implementations and a protocol for interoperability between them.
>
> That is to say, Blockstack's approach is awesome but it doesn't solve the
> problem of a global user-centric identity system because it still requires
> everyone to use Blockstack's system.
>
> This is the same debate that raged regarding payments and Bitcoin.
> Identity on blockchains is catching up to where payments was a year ago.

Tim has had a first class 100% decentralized identity that he has published
on his web page for a number of years.  It's fascinating that no one in
this group has noticed that, and when he signs up to a silo that's news.
Apparently! :)