Re: WPWG Working on Common Systems (was Re: Update on Web Payments Working Group)

On 4/5/16 2:08 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Maybe we could start with identity, move on to storage, then do
> signing payments etc.  I mean if we can get decentralized indentity
> interoperating that's going to be a big win.  And if we cant, we
> probably cant layer anything on top.

+1
This was the conclusion I've come to over the last 24 hours mulling this.

My thought went: we've already decided to split off Identity because
it was fundamental to payments. So if time and resources are limited:
don't worry about payments until identity is solved. The payments
solution will almost certainly be different depending on *how*
Identity is solved. Trying to solve payments in advance may be a big
waste of time.

And if Identity can't be solved, then there's no real reason to
complain about partial solutions that are being undertaken now in
Payments by browser vendors.

Tom Petty:
"Most things I worry about
  don't happen anyway".