Re: Payment Initiation - platform integration

RE: "Is “invoice” synonymous with “authorization request” or is it
something different?"

This is from the site of UBL Technical Cttee Co-Chair Ken Holman's site,
where "invoice" is described as *"a document used to request payment"*
http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/Crane-UBL-Skeleton/Crane-UBL-Invoice-2.1.html

The specs: http://ubl.xml.org/wiki/ubl-specifications

Here are a couple of general views of what UBL contributes to electronic
invoicing:
http://eeiplatform.com/about/
http://www.faces-online.nl/ubl-breakthrough-electronic-invoicing/

RE: [Dan S.] "I could be splitting a bill and that is my share, I could be
giving someone a gift or donation - there is not always an invoice.
Furthermore if you want to handle payments pull then there is no invoice,
such an authorization to allow a company to debit your account."

Call it what you wish in whatever context you like. In UBL, that's all
specified in a document called "invoice", across any context.  I'm not
aware of any better generic document type for this purpose, in any other
existing open standard.

Joseph Potvin
Project Coordinator, DataKinetics
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joseph-potvin/2/148/423>