Re: Interledger Payments Community Group

On 10/6/15 7:29 AM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> More information on the whitepaper and the problem are on
> http://interledger.org
>
> Adrian

An interesting concept that I found immediately attractive as being
one that might be simple enough to be acceptable to all existing
payment organizations, while at the same time expansive enough to
solve many of the web payment dilemmas; particularly that it would
apparently allow small-entity actors to become involved easily.

But having received Tim Holborn's post (on the credentials list)
almost simultaneously with your yours -- his being about the dilemma
of privacy needs versus the need for government and law-enforcement
tracking -- I find I'm curious about the privacy and government
regulations aspects of the interledger.

On skimming the White-paper I saw no direct reference to any sort of
government tracking, although parts were very technical/mathematical
and I may have missed it. I did see some references to privacy, but
wasn't able to decode what it would mean in terms of privacy from
corporate tracking, cookies, etc.

Do you know if the interledger, as proposed at this point, has
considered these implications, in either or both of these directions:
being tracked by governments when necessary, and not being tracked by
corporations when not wanted?

Steven