Re: A Decentralized Hashtable for the Web

Hej,

it sounds interesting. I am posting before I haven't fully read/understood the spec, which maybe is not a good idea :)
But somehow it reminds me of the Bitcoin or Namecoin block chain and some projects that happen around there. Can it be reused?
The Bitcoin keys are basically also some kind of identifiers. In fact the usecase of domain ownership is one that especially namecoin tries to solve - being a "decentralized open source information registration [...] system".
Easy speaking it solves the issue of deciding about ownership of an unique name in a decentralized system.

thanks
bumi

btw. I also like the idea of for example BitId to use the Bitcoin keys for public key authentication.
https://github.com/bitid/bitid