Re: modeling wallets

RE: "By all means we could spend time trying to nail down a definition of
money.  However, I've seen such discussions in the past, go on for 100s of
hours and not make progress, so bear in mind that it may not be the most
productive use of time."

Melvin, what I said was: "You're going to need to point to a general
definition of "money" if you want to arrive at a general definition of a
class of thing which receives, contains and dispatches it."

Just point. Pick one.

I did. Without dwelling on all my reasons for this particular choice (which
would be out of scope for this list) I pointed to a prominent definition by
Geoff Ingham. But choose another one if you prefer. Use Frederick Hayek's.
Or Karl Marx's. Or Milton Friedman's. Or Ben Graham's.

Then spec something (we can call it a "wallet") that serves the functions
of receiving, containing and dispatching money as it is defined by the one
you've picked.

Otherwise you'll be creating specs for something that receives, contains
and dispatches something you've not defined, which doesn't sound very
practical. Presumably because pointing to a reference definition of money
would be too theoretical.

Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983