Re: modeling wallets

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> During my implementation of a proof of concept for virtual wallets, ive
> been trying to lock down the concept of wallet.

Is there a link to the implementation/demo?

"A wallet is a container of money"

+1. However, I agree with Timothy, not only 'of money'. I rather think of
wallets as containers of credentials (e.g. identity, payment).

> #user   namespace : wallet  <URI>

I totally agree. Regardless of the definition of wallet, everything should
start with a wallet URI. Then you can access to the attributes/details of a
wallet by appending different endpoints, or navigate to related resources
following the links embedded in its representation. The way I model wallet
URIs in the API specification I'm working on (outdated spec
<https://github.com/playbanq/WebWalletAPI#what-is-a-webwallet>, current
spec (in progress)
<https://github.com/webwallet/swagger/blob/master/swagger.yaml>) goes
something like this:

Host: wallet.example.com

/address
/address /*walletAddress*
/address /*walletAddress */balance
/address /*walletAddress */balance /limits
/address /*walletAddress */balance /limits /upper
/address /*walletAddress */transactions
/address /*walletAddress */transactions /count
/address /*walletAddress */transactions /*transactionID*

(Different verbs are used for performing different actions on the same
endpoint. For example, GET /transactions would retrieve a list of
transactions, while POST /transactions would send a transaction (request)).

In this context, a wallet would be a container of such addresses (i.e.
wallet account ≠ wallet address).