Re: The Payments Architecture within which a Web Payments Architecture occurs

RE: "Should we stop, throw away what has been done so far and become
experts in these other standards before we even think of starting again."

No, but perhaps the IG should create a "Pass the Puck Task Force", with two
or three basic criteria to work by. One of them should pair that "Pass the
Puck Rule" with the "Gretzky Rule": "I skate to where the puck is going to
be, not where it has been."

RE: "I propose that, as Manu suggested, people like you who do have a
strong understanding of the content contribute more directly to the work by
pointing out where we are going wrong as opposed."

Working on that but the W3C has a $ boundary around IGs that favors
restrictive commercial market participants over free/libre/open commercial
market participants (like me). Funny, there's no such barrier on the US
Fed's Faster Payments Task Force -- not ever for its Steering Cttee
members.  I don't mean this as a complaint about the W3C, but the $
boundary is just a straightforward fact.

RE: "Simply throwing a lot of additional research you propose for the group
to do is not going to get much traction I don't think."

I said "pass the puck", not skate harder.

Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983