Re: The Payments Architecture within which a Web Payments Architecture occurs

For what it's worth, I share Joseph's perspective in that my company is
creating a web+mobile payments platform that would enable a user to
transact in any single or dual-currency transaction involving potentially
two or more currencies, whether State, virtual, or other flavor... and be
able to transaction in various environments (web/mobile/analog) depending
on the needs of the parties to the transaction.

IMO a standardized "Payments Architecture" should be inclusive of web,
mobile data (SMS or otherwise), bluetooth P2P, and even consider
application to analog/offline payment protocols where practical.