Re: Bloomberg recommending Browser Extension Community Group. Vote yes!

On 2015-05-08 17:38, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L wrote:
> I saw the other (NFC/BLE native function access-focused as an example) but there is only one supporter so far.

Sure.  It is me, the proposer.

> I think these are two very different use cases, but will bring up similar things
 > to be considered (native APIs as accessed through the browser extension, or
 > an explicit native API call mechanism). It might be good to consider both in
 > the same CG, though IMO the browser extension use case seems more feasible.

This is up for proofing :-)

The Bloomberg proposal [presumably] is about unifying
Chrome: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/api_index
Safari: https://developer.apple.com/library/safari/documentation/UserExperience/Reference/SafariExtensionsReference/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009800
Microsoft: in flux at the moment
Mozilla: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/Guides#sdk-infrastructure
which surely must be a gargantuan effort.

My proposal is about adding a single method to browsers like
navigator.nativeConnect ("name of native application")
and reusing existing "AppStores" for extension distribution.

Anders