Re: FYI: US authorities throw the book at Ripple Labs

Joseph,

I agree with you that the legalities surrounding payments are important to
our work but I would only say so to the point that the technology should
not intentionally circumvent laws and regulations and provide mechanisms
for regulators to be able to do their jobs.

Wrt the Ripple Labs case, I think this article provides a more balanced
view on the matter than many of the click-bait headlines that have been
doing the rounds:
http://www.americanbanker.com/news/bank-technology/what-ripples-fincen-fine-means-for-the-digital-currency-industry-1074195-1.html

Personally, I think the first (and only when I looked) comment on the
article Tim linked to above says it all.

In many respects, this is a sign that the traditional finance and payments
industry is waking up to the reality that digital currencies and the
amazing technologies that are emerging on the back of them are not just a
passing fad and are starting to take them seriously (either as threats,
opportunities or both).

Adrian