Re: Moderation request

On 03/11/2015 01:57 PM, David Nicol wrote:
> My elevated blood pressure and I hereby propose that Greg Slepak's
> posting privs get switched to "moderated" and if listhub.w3.org's
> distribution software doesn't support a per-member moderated mode it
>  should be updated.
>
> Me-toos?

With my Web Payments Chair hat off,

-1, I don't see any behavior that would warrant that. We've existed for
years without resorting to moderating or banning people in this community.

Greg's entitled to his own opinion and he's entitled to voice it on this
mailing list as long as it's related to the work we're doing here. He
did go off-topic and he apologized for that and for the response to
Steven. I don't think there is any further action that we need to take
as a community. Just my $0.02.

On 03/11/2015 02:11 PM, Daniel.Buchner wrote:
> Has this solely arisen out of the previous discussion about dark net
>  markets/payments? I'm naturally inclined to oppose any limitation on
>  speech unless someone spams so much it makes conversation
> impossible.

+1

The groups mantra wrt. charged topics so far has been:

Stay on topic (talk about how what you're saying affects Web Payments)
and don't be a jerk. If you say something out of line, apologize
immediately and move on.

> Note: nothing in the opinion above is meant as a position for or
> against dark nets, or the two individuals involved in that past
> conversation.

+1

David, if you'd like to take this offline w/ Greg, Daniel, and myself,
please feel free to do so, but let's not clutter the list w/ moderation
discussion unless you feel it's absolutely necessary.