Re: A Heretic's View on Web (Browser) Payments

On 1/18/15 6:00 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2015-01-17 23:57, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 1/17/15 12:44 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>>>
> <snip>
>
>> We need more HTTP client applications instead of locking ourselves into
>> browsers.
>
> This is what I'm saying as well.  What's missing is a (useful) link from
> the browser to these applications because the browser is still an
> unbeaten
> tool for user interaction.

It isn't an unbeaten tool. Its simply a commonly used HTTP client, for a
very specific purpose.

> Anyway, this request from W3C was the "inspiration" for my posting:
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-security/2015Jan/0027.html
>

> Naturally I don't want to stop anybody from trying to build wallets
> into the
> browser. I (FWIW) just don't see that as a suitable W3C project since
> there's
> no "blueprint" while native wallets (and similar applications) are
> here today.
>
> Anders

W3C isn't supposed to be producing prospective standardization specs. It
is supposed to be producing specs that standardize what exists.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO