Re: A Heretic's View on Web (Browser) Payments

On 1/17/15 12:44 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:

> Yes, native apps are proprietary

A Browser is a native application to its host operating system. That's
all it is. Your distinction is inaccurate and part of the problem you're
having.

> but what I [apparently in vain] is trying to say: This is
> [essentially] what we got, live it.
> Google (who else?) have BTW already begun:
> http://blog.chromium.org/2013/10/connecting-chrome-apps-and-extensions.html
Browser plugins are on their way out, so what? Good riddance to bad
rubbish.

The point you refuse to accept, repeatedly, is the fact that Web
Browsers are read-only applications (that have been ported to many
operating systems) for interacting with HTTP servers. It just so
happened that they helped the World Wide Web bootstrap. None of that
means the only way to work with the World Wide Web is via a Browser.

Browsers are the problem! Look to the mobile world (which I know you
have) to see what World Wide Web exploitation beyond browsers
facilitates, on the client side of the fence.

We need more HTTP client applications instead of locking ourselves into
browsers.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen