Re: Adept blockchain by IBM

On 2015-01-17 04:48, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Adept... meshes Telehash’s trustless, peer-to-peer messaging system,
> BitTorrent’s distributed cloud, and Ethereum’s blockchain:
>
> https://medium.com/@twobitidiot/adept-at-ces-2e67e334df45
>
> The Adept whitepaper is here:
>
> https://www.evernote.com/shard/s15/sh/a0b8847e-0cd7-4748-8b4d-396c39558c35/200022bfb620e02d
>
> -- manu

It was interesting to read!

There's an entirely different approach which I personally have more faith in and
that is that the admin/owner of an IoT device registers its identity in an admin
system and at the same time provide the device with a key so that it knows who
its legitimate admin is.  If the IoT would buy stuff or need to communicate with
some arbitrary thing out there in the wild, it wouldn't do that on its own, it
would always go through the admin system which gives it clearance, proxy requests,
perform logging etc. etc.

Anders