Re: Linked Data Signatures spec published

On 16 January 2015 at 15:53, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2015-01-16 15:36, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> On 1/16/15 1:56 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>>
>>> Since public keys have no issuer,
>>>

>> Of course they have issuers. These issuers don't have to be members of
>> the existing CA network which has eternally inject inertia into what's
>> possible re., PKI and PKIX.
>>
>>  is the idea that the key repositories act
>>> as virtual CAs and HTTPS is used as a binding element?  I mean: How is
>>> the
>>> trust model?
>>>
>> Decentralized and based on logic, assuming Linked Open Data and machine
>> comprehensible relation semantics as the basis.
>>

> I think this explanation needs improvement or be "translated" for a world
> that doesn't have this understanding of how Linked Data addresses trust
> and liability issues.

I think most of us have come to the conclusion that it's easier to make
demos to explain how linked data ads value, than to write documents.
Inevitably the people doing so find each other and work together on early
prototypes, then more and more join in.