Re: Ripple in Web Payments IG

On 02/18/2015 04:28 AM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> I think this is very positive!
>
> https://ripple.com/blog/promoting-interoperability-and-web-payment-standards-with-the-w3c/

Also, pay particular attention to this picture from the Utrecht Web
Payments IG face-to-face:

http://jay.w3.org/~wseltzer/payments-ig.jpg

The person standing behind me (I'm in the middle, purple shirt) is Evan
Schwartz[1] (from Ripple Labs), who has also participated in this Web
Payments CG from time to time and was at the Web Payments Workshop last
year.

The two people to my left are Joseph Lubin[2] and Vinay Gupta[3] from
Ethereum, which is another very interesting crypto/blockchain initiative.

Also note the creation of the Web Settlement Task Force led by Evan from
Ripple Labs:

https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Meeting_Summary_Feb2015#New_Task_Forces

Very happy to have some dedicated cryptocurrency folks involved in the
official work.

-- manu

[1] http://www.linkedin.com/in/evanmarkschwartz
[2] https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=313660324