Re: decentralized wallets and payment processors

On 2015-04-29 16:28, Dave Raggett wrote:

>> On 29 Apr 2015, at 15:46, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca <mailto:jpotvin@opman.ca>> wrote:
>>
>> RE: [DRaggett] "That would seem to be very different from the personal wallet with multiple payment instruments that the W3C Web Payments IG is chartered to work on."
>>
>> The W3C Payments IG works on negotiating a common specification for the interface between wallet systems and the payments systems, no? That's to say, the interface only, nothing beyond that.
>
> Pretty much. The idea is to encourage competition and innovation through minimal standards on the interfaces.

the only fly in the soup is that the IG does not have access to innovation on the browser-side which puts the IG in a very disadvantaged position compared to Google.  That is, the IG will meet the same brickwall as the smart card folks recently did:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-security/2015Feb/0034.html