Re: decentralized wallets and payment processors

I'm interested to hear how you think linked data solves this problem.
For me it is the single biggest issue plaguing the work of this group and
the Credentials CG.

Any discovery protocol has to start with an identifier (URI, email address,
URN, whatever) and end with the URL of a resource that is the start of a
linked-data graph describing the entity that holds/owns/is represented by
the identifier.

Today, all identity systems except the one proposed by the W3C Credentials
CG use DNS in some way to do discovery.

What is missing is a decentralised data store that can serve as the
registry for these identities. The Credentials CG has proposed Telehash as
this data-store.
The challenge is that one then has to be explicit in defining the discovery
protocol as to which decentralised data store to use.

If someone proposed the namecoin block-chain as an alternative how do we
decide which to use?
Who will the stewards of this decentralised data store?
Is there an architecture for this data store that would be rubber-stamped
by the W3C as a cornerstone for dependent recommendations?
(Here I am trying to think of an architecture that incentivises
participants to maintain the network assuming that financial incentives
aren't practical)