Re: Building Linked Data into the Core of the Web

On 9/19/14 8:35 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 20 September 2014 02:27, Brent Shambaugh <brent.shambaugh@gmail.com
> <mailto:brent.shambaugh@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Perhaps the we should call it web applications?
>

> The web is the discourse of humanity.
>
> It goes beyond http, html etc.
>
> It's about being able to describe anything about anything.
>
> So it's two things rolled into one, by overloading the idea of the URI
>
> One is a universal namespace, independent of any protocol or medium
> -- this is the more important part
>
> The same structure is what you see in the address bar of your browser
> to get to content and follow links -- this was the bootstrap.
>
> The goal of the web was that 'anything could be connected to
> anything'.  CSS, JavaScript, HTML etc are just footnotes ...

+1

The ability to say anything (using digital subject->predicate->object
sentences which is what RDF formalizes), about anything (identified by
HTTP URIs), from wherever (a connected device), whenever.

[1] http://bit.ly/world-wide-web-25-years-later
[2] http://kidehen.blogspot.com/2014/07/nanotation.html .

--
Regards,