Re: Building Linked Data into the Core of the Web

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 14:08:01 -0400
To: public-webpayments@w3.org
On 9/19/14 4:35 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Not only is linked data part of the web, it was the *motivation* for
> the web.
>
> From day 1 the proposal back in 1989 was of an information system
> where data is linked:
>
> http://www.w3.org/History/1989/proposal.html

The World Wide Web cannot function if it wasn't a mass of Linked Open
Data. That said, conflating RDF (formalization of the nature and form of
the Web's Linked Data aspect) and the generic phrase "Linked Data", as
part of a bungled Semantic Web community narrative, hasn't helped Web
Developers understand any of these facts.

Personally, I encourage the use of  JSON-LD as a reconciliation
mechanism for "Web Developers" , in regards to these Web Architecture
facts. Let's build bridges wherever these opportunities materialize.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO