Re: Building Linked Data into the Core of the Web

On 09/14/2014 04:58 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> It is misleading (albeit inadvertent in regards to your post above)
> to infer that Linked Data isn't already the core of the Web. The
> absolute fact of the matter is that Linked Data has been the core of
> the Web since it was an idea [1][2].

Well, that's one of the points I make at the beginning of the talk. I
also mention that saying "Linked Data" is part of the core of the web is
a bit of a cop-out. Web developers don't understand that, and until they
do, I don't consider Linked Data as a core part of the Web in the same
way that HTML, Javascript, and HTTP is a core part of the Web. I was not
just coming at this from a technical standpoint, I was also making a
statement about the general Web developer community's understanding of
Linked Data.

> Instead, we ended up with an incomprehensible, indefensible, and at
> best draconian narrative that has forever tainted the letters "R-D-F"
> . And HttpRange-14 as a censorship tool (based on its ridiculous
> history), that blurs fixing this horrible state of affairs.

+1