Hi All

From: Keisha Taylor <keishactaylor@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 13:25:18 +0100
To: public-webpayments@w3.org
Hi All!

I was introduced to this community by Manu when I met him at the Internet
Governance Forum this month. I am very interested in what the work being
done  around web payment. I am doing the iPhD programme (MSc and PhD) with
the University of Southampton in Web Science. As part of this study I am
looking looking at new  ways of using technology and data in business. I
plan to assess the unique potential for the innovative use of technology
and data by Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in rural areas,
small islands/communities, and cities in developing and emerging markets. I
am interested in showing how technology and the web have unfolded new
opportunities for small businesses because and in spite of their
characteristics. I think what these new forms of web payment can be truly
revolutionary and is of relevance to what I am studying and researching so
I would love to continue to learn more.

Also on a side note I thought this article in the Wall Street Journal by
Peter Thiel Co-founder of PayPal and Palantir very interesting and relevant
so thought I would share - Competition is for Losers
http://online.wsj.com/articles/peter-thiel-competition-is-for-losers-1410535536

Find me at
@taylorkeisha
www.webnethings.com