RE: Suggestion: Remove "non-fiat money" from the draft Web Payments IC Charter

From: Reutzel, Bailey <bailey.reutzel@sourcemedia.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 13:54:07 +0000
To: Stephane Boyera <boyera@w3.org>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
CC: public-webpaymentsigcharter <public-webpaymentsigcharter@w3.org>, "Web Payments CG" <public-webpayments@w3.org>
+1 to remove non-fiat

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane Boyera [mailto:boyera@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 2:28 AM
To: Manu Sporny; Joseph Potvin; Melvin Carvalho
Cc: public-webpaymentsigcharter; Web Payments CG
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Remove "non-fiat money" from the draft Web Payments IC Charter

Hi Manu, Joseph, All

Given that there seems to be a consensus on removing non-fiat. I'm happy to proceed. The easiest, at a first glance, is to just remove the term and not open another can of worms by adding a new term. I believe that the idea is very well conveyed and I feel we don't need to go further.
I implemented this change (removing the problematic term).
cheers
Steph

--
Stephane Boyera        stephane@w3.org
W3C                +33 (0) 6 73 84 87 27

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution"