Re: identifi -- identity system and signed web of trust

On 08/31/2014 06:42 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Looks like similar work to some going on in this group, from one of
> the bitcoin core developers.
>
> https://github.com/identifi/identifi

Has anyone contacted Martti Malmi about this work yet? Melvin? It's
worth a chat with him to make sure he knows about what we're doing here.
Looks like he's been working on this pretty solidly since April 2013.

We should find out how he's normalizing the JSON data (there is no
mention of the normalization algorithm), which format the keys are in?
How is the data stored? If anyone can introduce identifiers and
associate those with other pieces of information, then how do you
prevent massive amounts of spam in the system?

As Eric mentioned in the email thread, how do you get "real" verified
identity in here. If we wanted to shove a government issued digital
passport into the system, how would that work?