Re: Doubt about Wallet as W3C Standard

On 29 October 2014 20:03, David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 4:26 AM, Anders Rundgren
> <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2014-10-29 09:29, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> >>
> >> What we should be standardising is an interface or API spec right? I
> >> believe that is the general consensus
> >
> > That is a bit of a stretch given that none of the browser-vendors have
> > expressed any sentiment for this work yet.
>
> Balderdash and banana oil. Javascript is entirely up to the task, if
> an implementor really wants their wallet on the same device as their
> browser it can listen at a high port on localhost. No browser features
> are required.
>
> Call for resolution: suggestions implying or necessitating browser
> features are off-topic and should no longer be discussed here aside
> from pointing out that they are off-topic when needed.

+1 I have coded a digital wallet based entirely on html5 and javascript.  I
could have added websockets for realtime but havent had a need yet.

Most problems can be solved within the browser, but there are some nice to
haves that would make browsers even better.

If the browser is in the critical path, it should be stated exactly which
feature is lacking, for what use case, and preferably how it could be
fixed, imho.