Re: Where does loyalty cards enter in the transaction?

On 10/20/2014 10:56 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> Doesn't loyalty credentials have to be provided before the actual
> payment request in order to possibly adjust the price?

We've been modeling a loyalty card as just another form of credential
(in the Credentials CG sense of the word). So, the buy flow would look
something like this:

1. Merchant requests loyalty card credential (if you have one).
2. Credential is delivered, price is adjusted.
3. Customer initiates payment.
4. Digital receipt is delivered to merchant.

This whole process could be automated w/ a more streamlined buyflow:

1. Merchant provides two invoices one with loyalty card and one without.
2. Customer is notified of a discount opportunity and is prompted to
   send loyalty card along with payment.
3. Payment is made.
4. Digital receipt, with embedded loyalty card info, is delivered to
   merchant.

There are some other buy flows that are interesting as well, but the
general idea here is that a loyalty card is a type of credential (not a
payment instrument).

blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/