Re: mozPay - The future?

On 10/10/2014 12:28 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> How does this relate to the Web Payment CG?  Well, since mozPay is
> referenced in various Web Payments CG documents there's obviously a
> dependency.

No, there is no dependency.

What mozPay is doing now and what the Web Payments CG is doing are not
dependent on each other. The Web Payments Commerce API is inspired by
mozPay, that is all. Mozilla is free to modify mozPay in whatever way
makes sense for their mission, and the Web Payments CG is free to do
the same.

The browser API for the Web Payments work is purely optional at this
point. It's a proposed polyfill->native browser API that has a long way
to go before we think about taking it to the WebApps group.

> I'm talking about an architecture for secure web-applications

I don't think the Web Payments CG should get involved with a "secure
web-application" initiative. We don't have the expertise in this group
to pull that off. We should leave that sort of stuff to the WebApps
Working Group, they have the experts there to work on that sort of
initiative.