Re: Reminder: vote on use cases

On 1 October 2014 19:25, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2014 11:56 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > On 1 October 2014 17:35, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com This
> > is a friendly reminder to vote on the Web Payments Use Cases:
> >

> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oF8i3Xi4caBqG6IGJTTIsFLUsPSVam7w6pn6TsHbYDg/viewform?usp=send_form
> >
> >  +0
>
> What would change that vote to a +1? :)

In honesty I was not able to read the full volume of text, mainly due to
time shortage.

My quick scan showed no mention of "crypto" or "bitcoin".

> > Didnt vote for or against.  Would like this to go forward, but I
> > suspect during the duration of this work crypto currencies will
> > become more prominent and they seem to be, imho, under mentioned.
>
> The version 1.0 solution should support crypto currency payment services
> in the same way that it'll support Visa/Mastercard/PayPal etc. Perhaps
> we should make that more explicit?
>
> As far as integrating crypto currencies into the protocols we're talking
> about, the general consensus was that doing so was premature.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more of a focus on crypto currencies
> and moving them into the Open Web Platform in a way like your Web
> Credits system. That said, I don't see how W3C could standardize
> something that's still very much in its infancy. For example, what would
> be standardized?

Fair enough.  As you say it may be premature, but this effort will span
years, and perhaps be hitting a moving target.  So I think I'll just have
to watch the space evolve, as we have been doing the last 5 years.

My focus right now is on crypto currencies + linked data.  So anything that
can be reused on the LD side is of interest, indeed im already using the
json ld libraries and normalization.