Re: Web Payments Schema & RDF

On 30 September 2014 21:47, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 09/30/2014 04:55 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > I've been trying for some time to get the web payments schema to work
> > with RDF tooling.
> >
> > But most of the tools I try with say that the RDF is broken
>
> We haven't spent that much time on the RDF representations of the Web
> Payment vocabulary, but there is RDFa in the document. For example,
> using Gregg's RDFa distiller:
>

> http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller?format=turtle&in_fmt=rdfa&uri=https://w3id.org/commerce
>
> Or, you can copy the HTML+RDFa from here:
>
> https://w3id.org/commerce
>
> and paste it into here:
>
> http://rdfa.info/play/
>
> You'll see the data that's extracted below the input area.
>
> Clearly the data can be improved. For example, all vocabulary
> definitions still use the old http://purl.org/commerce# link, so that
> needs to be updated to w3id.org and HTTPS.
>
> The code is here:
>

> https://github.com/web-payments/web-payments.org/blob/master/specs/source/vocabs/commerce.html

Thanks for the explanation.  I understand you have a huge workload already.

I think perhaps it makes sense to roll a small vocab for my own needs right
now, which works with mainstream tooling and has correct definitions, and
then align with with work (either through a refactor or an owl : sameAs)
when the machine readable side is up to date.

> Patches and/or pull requests would be very welcome.

Unfortunately not much time right now.  I will note that I have previously
patched this file, and that patch was removed.  Maybe with good reason! :)