Re: Direct Carrier Billing

A key issue with carrier direct billing is what I call the 'balance
sheet constraint'. Carriers have honed their business systems to
facilitate and charge for customers' consumption of communication units
(minutes, MB, etc.) When faced with the opportunity to facilitate and
*underwrite* consumption of additional goods, the system will quickly
fail to scale.

I am certain people are working on it -- does anyone on the list know
who has this in focus, and how they are proceeding?

I'd imagine a companies like Bango would have something to do with
it...

Madhu Nott
The Payments Foundry
[1]mnott@paymentsfoundry.com